Since 2005 property owners or tenants have been required by law to check that anyone removing waste from their property is authorised to do so.

People often ask professional gardeners why we are so much more expensive than the chap who used to look after their garden until he retired. Well he probably wasn't paying any tax, didn't carry any insurance, didn't have any formal training and in the worst case could land you with a substantial fine.

Almost everyone apart from your local council who removes waste from your property needs to have a permit and you need to make a note of their permit number. If your waste is subsequently disposed of in an improper manner and you are deemed not to have taken adequate measures to prevent this happening you could face a fine.   The Environment Agency provides a searchable database of all approved waste carriers by name and postcode.

Anyone who carries waste as part of their business must hold at least a Lower Tier permit issued by the appropriate authority. Gardeneasy (SW) Limited is registered as an Upper Tier Waste Carrier/Dealer under the Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011, registration No CB/HE5757GG issued by the Environment Agency. As such will assume your duty of care as the waste producer under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Regulation 35 of the Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011. We further undertake to dispose of any waste in an approved manner or transfer it to the holder of a suitable permit issued by the Environment Agency.